The aim of Dailymotion’s Reporting API is to monitor the performance of your videos, analyze your audience’s behavior and optimize your monetization. Thanks to a set of dimensions, filters and metrics, this tool allows you to create customized reports and integrate them to your monitoring solution.
Please note that the Reporting API is only available for our Verified Partners.
Learn more about our Partner program and its benefits.
The Dailymotion Reporting API allows you to monitor the performance of your videos with more flexibility and granularity. It accepts metrics – such as the number of views or the time watched – that can be tightened by dimensions and filters for more precise results.
Metrics are measurements related to activity:
- Number of views
- Time watched in seconds
- Number of impressions generated
- Estimated earnings in USD / EUR
Dimensions are used to organize metrics across common criteria:
- Month / Day
- Channel / Content owner’s channel URL
- Video ID
- Title of the video
- Type of video (live or video)
- Visitor domain / country / device type
- Monetization category: video or website
Filters are used to scope down the result set:
- channelSlug (specific channel)
- videoOwnerChannelSlug (specific video owner channel)
- mediaType (specific media type)
- visitorDomainGroup (specific visitor domain group)
- monetizationType (monetization category to either Video Monetization or Website Monetization)
How does it work?
As you can’t combine all these metrics, filters and dimensions in a single report, please refer to the table below for guidance.
5 steps to generate a report
Follow our tutorial to generate your customized performance report:
- Generate an API key and secret in the Partner HQ
- Perform authentication in the Reporting API
- Request the report
- Check report status
- Download your customized report
Reports are generated asynchronously: the data is pulled and collected in a CSV. These code samples will allow you to test report generation and automatically download the resulting files.
Visit our Reporting API documentation to perform your first customized performance report.
As we care about your experience, your feedback is key to keep on improving our Reporting API. Please, let us know what you think.